Sketch of the Week

Last Saturday I attended my first cat show, and what an experience that was!

A judge explaining why this Persian kitten has a great face. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like having some random guy smush my nearly non-existent nose with his thumb.
It was eerily similar to the Christopher Guest film Best in Show, and was replete with colorful, quirky characters and their equally bizarre cats. I saw felines of all types, from pipecleaner-thin rex varieties to that furry explosion known as the Persian. I was also happy to see some Maine Coon cats, a breed of which I'm especially fond.

Aside from the fun of just seeing all these kitties, I took advantage of the opportunity to do some quick sketching. Drawing live animals is a delightfully challenging experience because they won't sit still for you, requiring lighting-quick observations and reflexes. Here are some of the cats I drew:





 

  What is your favorite kind of cat?

Comments

  1. Your sketches are marvelous! I particularly love the profile in the first image, 3rd kitty down. You did a splendid job capturing their movement and expressions.

    Favorite cat? I'm partial to Turkish Angoras and Turkish Vans but show me pretty much any cat and I'm a happy lady!

    Nice work, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted that you enjoy them! Vans and Angoras are both beautiful cats, with such luxurious coats. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Speak your mind here.