Winter Explorations, Part Two

Less than a week after I had waxed rhapsodic about snowshoeing, a thaw occurred that melted all the snow, leaving me with a slushy, dripping mess.



Nonetheless, I've still been venturing out and enjoying my surroundings. I'm nursing a cold at the moment, so I'm going to keep the text light today. Here are some pictures I took along an easy hiking trail about a mile from  my apartment:

This would made a great woodcut



This scene felt like a Constable to me


The branches reminded me of neurons




The circular shape attracted me




The texture of bark fascinates me




Pleasant little creek


Along the shore of Lake Champlain



Nice tree stump along the water's edge



The palette of this scene reminded me of Andrew Wyeth



Next week I'll share with you a new project I've been working on. Until then, I hope you've enjoyed the pictures.

Comments