Changes

Normally on Fridays I post the Sketch of the Week, but today I'm going to shake things up by explaining a major change in my life that I alluded to last week.

On Monday, June 3rd, I officially left my job as curatorial fellow at Shelburne Museum (I'm currently at my parent's house in Maine). In July, I'll be relocating to New Mexico to become the Curator of Collections and Exhibitions at the Roswell Museum and Art Center.



My future home
Lest you think I've lost my mind, I did not make this decision rashly. I interviewed for the position via Skype about a month and a half ago, and I was flown out for an on-site visit in mid-May. I'll also admit that it wasn't an easy decision to make because I've loved living in Vermont. Yet this new job is a remarkable opportunity for me professionally, and I consider myself extremely lucky to have gotten it (everyone at Shelburne supported my decision, so there are no hard feelings between us). I'm excited for the new projects and challenges that await me, and I'm fortunate enough to have the knack of being happy wherever I am, so I'll take Roswell on its own terms and go from there.

Rest assured, the Fanciful Lobster is not going away. I may change the design to suit my new surroundings, but the name will remain the same. After all, lobsters in the desert can't be any stranger than aliens, right?

Roswell, NM: where even the street lamps have alien eyes

Comments