Bake Break: Pumpkin Doughnuts

For as long as I can remember (which is, admittedly, a highly subjective thing), I've enjoyed baking. I like cooking too, but there's something about baking that connotes warmth and the home for me. I regularly mail cookies to friends during the holiday season, and periodically surprise my neighbors and co-workers with a baked treat.

One recent recipe that's become quite popular at the office is my pumpkin doughnut recipe. Let me state outright that I did not invent this. I found it on the King Arthur Flour website about a year ago, and tried it on a lark. Like just about every King Arthur recipe I've tried, it was a winner, and it's become part of my standard repertoire. When it comes to baking, the King is my best friend.

Doughnut batter

What's intriguing about these pumpkin gems is that, unlike many doughnut recipes, there's no frying involved. Instead, you bake it in a special doughnut pan. Usually I dispense with specialty equipment, but I was so intrigued with this recipe that I actually went out and bought a miniature doughnut pan. Here it is:



As far as recipes go, it's ridiculously simple. You simply mix together the ingredients, pour the batter into the pan, and bake.


Going into the oven...


...to reemerge 15 minutes or so later. 

As the doughnuts cool, you place them in a plastic bag full of cinnamon-sugar and give them a good shake to coat them.



Voila! A batch of doughnuts ready to be devoured and enjoyed by friends, neighbors, and co-workers. Thank you King Arthur, for introducing me to yet another wonderful treat.

Want to try them for yourself? Here's the link to the original recipe: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/pumpkin-cake-doughnuts-recipe

Comments