Sketch of the Week: Florence

Some time ago I showed you some scenes from a sketchbook I kept while I was studying abroad in London. I may not have mentioned this, but I also spent two months in Florence during that semester, and kept a sketchbook during my travels around Italy. These drawing are less finished, I was more interested in looking than drawing, but it was still fun to keep it around:

Abandoned house in Elba. This one is more complete because I worked on it during the long flight back to the States.

One of the many saints to be found in Rome.

Fresco (I think, I didn't label it) of an exorcism.



Like most of my past sketchbooks, I haven't done anything with these drawings because I lose interest in them when the experience is over. Nevertheless, it's still fun to look back at them occasionally and remember the places I visited.



Comments