Sketch of the Week: Decoys

One of the collections I enjoyed visiting at Shelburne Museum was the decoys. The installation itself needed updating, but I liked the abstract forms of the decoys themselves. In this sketch, I was particularly interested in the shapes created by the s-curve of the swan necks, as well as the play of reflected light. I might have used one of these for a thank-you card once, but I never did anything with them beyond that. Still, I appreciate their forms, and might revisit them in the future.


Speaking of decoys, Shelburne's collection is highlighted in a new exhibit, Birds of a Feather, on view in the Pizzagalli Center for Art and Education. I haven't been myself, Roswell is a little far from Vermont, but the installation shots looks absolutely beautiful, so I've no doubt it's a fantastic show. It opened on November 21 and will be up until  May 1, so if you're in the area, you should definitely check it out. Tell them a little bird sent you.

Comments