Sketch of the Week: Manos

A few months ago my boyfriend and I subjected ourselves to arguably one of the worst films of all time via Mystery Science Theater 3000, Manos: The Hands of Fate. I've known about this movie for years thanks to badmovies.org, so I knew it was going to be awful, but I had grossly underestimated its powers of darkness. It's so terrible, I'm not entirely sure it's even a movie.



Probably the most iconic image from the film is the Master in his black robe embellished with red hands (or maybe Torgo just being, well, Torgo). After seeing the movie, I recast my cat Gustave in the role, changing the hands to kitty paws. After losing 90 minutes of my life to this meandering, painfully dull simulation of a movie, I had to do something productive to make it worthwhile.

Comments