Sketch of the Week: Lily Pad Flower

I was recently in a production of Peter and the Starcatcher, produced by the Neverland Theatre Company (I played an old sailor named Alf). Based right in Roswell, this group focuses on providing theater exposure to kids and adults alike through workshops, affordable shows, and opportunities to act.

On Saturdays we'd do a matinee and an evening performance, which meant for significant downtime between shows. While the kids were dancing around or socializing (I envy their seemingly endless energy, I'd get so much done), I drew this flowering lily pad from memory. I saw it earlier that morning while taking a walk through Cahoon Park. I always like to stop in the sunken garden, where I found this blooming beauty.

Lily pads are the last thing I'd expect to bloom in a place like Roswell, but you'd be surprised how many you can find here.

Comments