Sketch of the Week: Lavender Field

During the Thanksgiving break I splurged on myself by spending a couple of days at Los Poblanos in Albuquerque, the lavender farm and inn that has become my favorite place in New Mexico. During the holiday I had ample time to relax, eat ridiculously delicious food, and draw. I hadn't done much sketching this fall, so it felt really good to get my drawing tools back in hand and go out exploring.
I had regretted not drawing the lavender fields when I was there, it is what the farm is known for, after all, so I made a point of going out and drawing them this time. They may not be in their active growing season, but they still make for an impressive presence with their rows of carefully-tended lavender plants, all trimmed into tidy mounds. The trees in the background are from that marvelous canopied drive on the way in to the ranch.

Comments